Casper Sleep GmbH
Director People, EU (m/f)
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
We are looking for an HR leader (m/f) for our EU office in Berlin. The ideal candidate will be a self starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who is excited by the prospect of working in an office where we employ 50 people of more than 10 different nationalities.
This is an exciting career opportunity for a commercially focused HR generalist. As a Director People, EU (m/f), you will be both a member of Casper global HR organization, and a member of the EU Management team. You’ll work closely with both the NY-based HR team (functionally) and with the Casper EU management team (day to day) as the dedicated HR Business Partner to the business unit.
Casper is scaling quickly. Therefore, this is an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to broaden their skills, further develop their international HR expertise as a member of a global HR team, and be involved at the early stage of an exciting and highly dynamic business that is breaking new boundaries.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- HR Business Partner and key point of contact for managers and employees
- Lead and facilitate EU recruitment activities- talent identification, selection and on boarding
- Develop talent plan for critical roles and top talent
- Thought partner to Managing Director and EU senior leaders
- Facilitate the management team to bring best solutions for employees - employee relations, organisational design, talent hiring and planning, HR operations, and employee experience
- Deliver HR programs and processes in region: talent development, short and long term goal setting, annual/mid year performance management, compensation planning, learning programs, total company benefits/perks
- Recommend and tailor total company programs to regional/country requirements as required to honor local custom
- Day to day HR operations, such as HR policy adherence, payroll execution
- Manage HR projects cross-functionally with partners in NY HQ
- Build and maintain a strong business relationship with employees and leaders in Berlin, as well as in NY HQ
- Actively identify gaps and propose/implement changes necessary to improve process and reduce risk across the business
- Lead a team of currently 1 direct report
Our dream candidate...
- Has at least 8 years proven, commercially-focused generalist HR experience, ideally gained in fast paced high-tech/internet companies. Some experience gained in the internet, retail and/or logistics sectors will be beneficial but is not essential
- Is an open-minded, positive, enthusiastic, inspiring, result-oriented person with the ability to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Has hands-on experience: you must have both theoretical and practical experience gained in recruitment, personal marketing using new media, compensation & benefits, organisational as well as employee development
- Is fluent in English and German, other European languages are a plus
- Has experience in a regional HR role
- Has ideally worked for a fast paced, US headquartered company
- Has ideally gained international HR experience
- Has demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities in parallel
- Has a thorough understanding of German employment law
- Has creative flair combined with the ability to turn ideas into practical, tangible solutions
- Is a team player with well developed communication and negotiation skills
- Has strong business acumen and strong time priority management skills
- Has analytical and problem solving skills
- Loves sleep!
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- A cool office in Berlin Mitte
- Catered lunches twice a week to catch up with your teammates
- Free snacks and coffee
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying here!
läuft aus am