Senior Manager - HR Services and Operations
South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all six continents, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Reporting to the Head of Global HR, the (Senior) HR Services & Operations Manager is a senior member of the HR team, and is accountable for overseeing the design and delivery of world-class HR operations and services to the business. To do so, you will manage a global team of HR Specialists, and ensure a seamless execution of all global HR processes covering the full employee life-cycle. In addition, you will take the lead in the creation and/or improvement of HR processes, creating new global and/or local policies, implementing new HR tools and systems, as well as participating in global HR projects and initiatives, in close alignment with our People & Culture Strategy, as well as our ambitious growth plans.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Oversee the execution of all the day to day HR Services & Operations globally
- Be the point of escalation for complex topics that the local teams cannot solve
- Provide guidance to the HR team and to the organisation on a broad range of HR topics such as recruitment, hiring, performance management, benefits, global mobility, training, terminations, policies, processes and procedures, HR tools and systems, HR metrics, employee relations, labor law, etc.
- Identify efficiency gaps in our HR processes and procedures, and (re)design them in order to achieve a high level of efficiency and productivity
- Establish service level agreements (SLAs) for the delivery of our key HR processes
- Take the lead in the implementation of complex global HR processes, such as the annual salary review, management of bonus calculations and payout, performance management processes, etc.
- Ensure we have all required HR policies in place; create new policies or update existing policies in line with our Company culture and evolving business needs
- Identify efficiency gaps in our HR tools and systems, and take the lead in either 1) designing and implementing system improvements, or 2) researching, recommending and implementing new external HR systems, in tight collaboration with our IT Applications team
- Take the lead in the design and delivery of core HR metrics and analytics to be presented monthly and/or quarterly to our senior leadership team
- Ensure we are legally compliant from a labor law perspective in all countries in which we operate
- Oversee global benefits and build business case for meaningful benefits enhancements in order to remain an attractive and competitive employer, in line with our global People & Culture Strategy
- Implement efficient and compliant global mobility practices, including visa management processes
- Supervise all global HR administration and payroll
- Establish metrics that allow us to measure and quantify the the business value and impact of our HR initiatives
- Taking the lead on new HR initiatives and global or regional HR projects
- Supervise a global team of HR Specialists, with a strong focus on team development and nurturing our fantastic team spirit
- Degree in Business Administration, Law, HR or similar 7-10 years of work experience in the field of Human Resources, including strong track record in HR services & operations
- Strong knowledge of core HR concepts and best practices
- Good people management skills and ability to effectively manage a global team across time zones and geographies
- Excellent organisational and prioritization skills, ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Accuracy, precision in work, and strong attention to details
- Highly results-focused; strong drive, initiative, and sense of urgency Innovative, strong improvements-focused mindset and critical thinking, ability to challenge the status quo
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced multicultural environment
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient English and German, oral and written
- Valid work authorisation
- Experience with HRIS implementation
- Experience leading the design and delivery of HR metrics and analytics
- Degree in law or equivalent experience and knowledge with employment law at global level
- Experience in global mobility
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining an international team looking to make a difference to the world then please submit your application directly via our website.
läuft aus am