Director Human Resources
Director Human ResourcesTiffany & Co.
We are actively recruiting a dynamic Human Resources leader for the UK & Ireland market. Based in London, the Director of Human Resources, UK & Ireland will be responsible for all HR activity including: recruitment, employee relations, performance management and compensation/benefits for the countries. As an active member of both the Regional HR team as well as the local market’s management team, the Director of HR will contribute to the overall business unit’s initiatives and strategies by analysing business needs from the HR perspective, make decisions and recommendations in partnership with the market’s management team, develop and/or promote HR initiatives to further the strategic goals of the business and provide research metrics and benchmarking material as needed.
Serve as Business Partner and Consultant to Develop and Deliver Core HR Service Excellence with a Focus on UK & Ireland Business:
- In support of the Vice-President/MD – UK & Ireland and his management team, develop effective HR strategies and service in support of the market, operating across London, Manchester and Dublin with approximately 300 employees.
- Focus on the UK & Ireland team to build HR capability within the UK & Ireland business unit (ex: Policies & Procedures, local compliance/local law practices).
- Manage organizational risk in application and implementation of all policies and practices across the market.
- Identify themes and trends in HR/functional areas as evidenced by observations and conversations across the market. Work with the market’s Leadership and the Europe HR team to develop creative solutions (ex: ER/Legal Trend analysis and response development, analyse HR Metrics such as Scorecard, and propose solutions).
- Partner with business leaders to develop and execute broad recruitment strategies for new store, hard-to-fill, seasonal and project based activities and evaluate results on a timely and periodic time-line.
- Develop strategies and tactics to address under-performing employees consistent within the region and the organization.
- Implement corporate policy and process changes at the regional level.
- Identify Compensation and benefits trends/shortfalls/opportunities. Work with Global Compensation and Benefits to review current market data to ensure programs as competitive. In partnership with the Regional HR Director, conduct local industry compensation analysis through networking and recruiting insight. Related duties would include vendor management in partnership with Talent Manager Europe and NY/HR Specialists to include Relocation, Employee Assistance Programs, Health & Wellness programs, Disability, etc.
Talent Management – Acquire, Develop and Maximize Talent:
- Building Talent and Staffing plans that are generated from the overall Countries’ business plan to ensure people & talent needs are met at all levels.
- Maximize internal talent: utilize one on one conversations, store visits, meetings and tools such as Talent Maximization Plans to ensure there are clear career paths and on-going dialogue with Top Performers regarding next steps and development opportunities.
- Management of the UK & Ireland HR Team.
Develop World Class HR Talent Focused on Team and Peer Relationships:
- Provide quality coaching to improve the HR service, support and skill level of each member of the team. Utilize performance management process (PMP) to set goals and assess development needs for each individual on the team.
- Develop skills of direct reports through formal and informal training opportunities and “stretch” goals.
- Drive quality HR service and support at all levels.
- Work with the larger team across both Europe HR (including peers in the other European markets) and Global HR (both Generalists and Specialists) to ensure overall HR Team Development (ex: attending and contributing to HR Conferences, Team development meetings, work on cross- border projects etc.).
Provide Consultative Services and Develop Strategic Solutions:
- Build invaluable leadership alliances with management and employees and maintain a consultative role within the organization as subject matter experts and business partners.
- Maximize internal resources, build relationships with and utilize network of HR and business peers (internal and external).
- Provide counsel and support on application of Human Resource policy, practice and procedures.
- Analyse business trends and identify, develop and execute creative solutions.
- Partner with business to ensure proper and consistent utilization of Tiffany and Company’s programs including: Performance Management Program, Strategic Talent Review, Global Employee Survey, etc.
- Develop annual UK & Ireland HR Budget.
- Oversee all departmental expenditures to ensure they are in line with fiscal requirements – evaluate large line items such as Recruitment, Benefits programs, Relocation and HR Team T&E.
- Evaluate practices and look for Cost Saving opportunities.
- BA/BS degree or relevant work experience, CIPD qualified
- Substantial generalist or combined specialist experience in one or more functional areas (e.g., Employee Relations, Employment Law, Staffing, Compensation, Organizational & Educational Development).
- Industry specific experience in Retail, Luxury, multi-brand or hospitality.
- Strong understanding of local labour laws and hiring practices in UK & Ireland.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Human Resource functional delivery.
- Must be able to actively demonstrate strong consultative service skills
- Previous team management experience required.
- Strong influence, leadership, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, follow-up and creative solution generation skills.
- General business acumen and analytical skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, able to work independently and handle multiple priorities simultaneously with strong operations and project management skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills with MS Office and PeopleSoft.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time to store and corporate locations, within UK & Ireland.
At Tiffany, we believe a diverse workforce makes a difference. Equal Opportunity Employer.