HR Leader ER Germany (M/F)
HR Leader ER Germany (M/F)PayPal, Inc.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
A typical day for the Leader, MyHR Services in Germany will include:
- Providing directly and in cooperation with the legal team expertise, legal advice and interpretation on employment legislation for a variety of critical and/or complex cases
- Acting as company representative and key relationship holder with the site Works Council
- Managing operational delivery to agreed objectives and measures that reflect customer priorities
- Providing guidance and coaching to the German MyHR team members
- Identifying opportunities to drive operational and strategic effectiveness and improvements.
- Conducting investigations for escalated and/or complex employee relations cases
- Building and maintaining strong, trust-based relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of the business and collaborates with HR Business Partners, Legal, COEs, Works Councils
- Managing escalations related to external dependencies, bodies and vendors (e.g., record management, labor authorities and government bodies)
- Initiating and/or leading projects and initiatives related to policy development and implementation and operational improvements
What does Success Look Like?
As a Leader for the MyHR Services in Germany, you will provide expert coaching, mentorship and guidance to the Consultant team as they support managers and employees on a broad range of complex and sensitive issues. You will lead as an escalation point for the MyHR Consultants team and is the key interface with the Berlin site Works Council.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, preferably in Human Resources management, law, economics or psychology.
- 10 or more years of significant experiences in the area of Human Resources in a global organization, Solid experience managing Works Council relationships required.
- Deep knowledge of employment legislation, interpretation and implementation and of employment practices specific to jurisdictional compliance.
- Exemplary ethics and values, combined with conflict-management skills
- Demonstrated experience managing and building effective teams
- Business acumen and customer focus
- Demonstrated ability to build strong trust-based relationships
- Fluency in German and English required
You Might Also Have
- Experience in the area of Employee Relations; jurisdictional or functional expertise preferred
- Masters or equivalent education level is desirable