HR ManagerBavarian Nordic
To provide operational and development support to Bavarian Nordics R&D site in Martinsried, we are looking for an experienced HR manager.
You will personally be responsible for the daily HR activities, supporting the site and its 140 employees and 18 managers. The position includes the management of one HR administrative employee who also helps in the reception and 1 student.
The global HR organization is managed locally from our sites in Kvistgaard, Denmark, Morrisville, North Carolina, USA and Martinsried, Germany. In close cooperation with these HR colleagues, you will be responsible for securing effective and value-add HR processes, which support the organization. You will report to the Global HR Director who is located in Denmark.
First and foremost, your job will be to support leaders and employees in a broad range of HR tasks such as:
- Plan, manage and personally execute the resourcing strategy for the site- including contract writing in accordance with German law
- Manage personnel data in our ERP system (Bavarian Nordic uses AX Dynamics)
- Maintain HR department page on the Intranet as well as the job section on our external website
- Use organizational development techniques, develop, recommend and implement policies and programs to assist the management team
- Assist management with performance and talent management and ensure that appropriate succession planning is put in place
- Provide advice and counsel to VP’s, Directors and Managers and employees in relation to employment terms and conditions
- Assist management with employee relations, salary continuance claims, terminations, performance counseling, grievances, conflict resolution
- Assist in establishing, developing and maintaining and appropriate HR policy framework, and provide advice and counsel on this
- Collaborate and negotiate works agreement with Betriebsrat
- Ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines incl. GDPR and collaborate with local Data Protection Officer
- Participate in HSE activities as required
- Collaborate with international colleagues--after hours, international calls will be required; potential for international travel
Knowledge, Skill and Competency Requirements:
- The job requires a generalist who thrives on hands-on, HR tasks and takes pride in a high level of quality in the processes for which you are responsible
- Support leaders and employees in a broad range of HR tasks
- Demonstrate an empathic and authentic international leadership style and are a team-player who enjoys both routine and developmental tasks
- Develop a curious and empathic approach to your stakeholders
- Contribute to and respond with constructive feedback when disagreeing
- Take responsibilities, initiatives and meet deadlines
- Work in an international surrounding with dedicated and highly skilled employees in close collaboration with the site management and management on other sites, especially US
- Prove that you have an open and engaging business style with a great HR network
- Think strategically, but also focus on tactical and operational issues, staying solutions orientated with a willingness to “take chances”
- Be a HR generalist, communicate well from top to bottom
- Be creative and innovative and come up with fresh ideas to make the difference
- Build trust and acceptance
- An appropriate degree and experience in a generalist capacity is essential
- 3-5 years HR experience as a generalist together with proven experience in conceptualizing and executing HR processes
- Experience with HR systems and salary benchmarking (Radford) as well as being certified in one or several personal testing tools for recruitment and employee training/ teambuilding preferred
- Experience from the Biotech or Pharmaceutical Industry preferred
- Organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of and an ability to work in a global and matrixed environment
- Fluent in English and German, both verbally and in writing (the corporate language of Bavarian Nordic is English)
The right candidate will have a unique opportunity to work with site management in managing the dedicated and highly skilled employees at the site. You will be provided a high level of independency in the execution of your daily tasks and will be involved in the overall strategy for HR in Bavarian Nordic.
Caught your interest?
If you are interested in the position, we look forward to receiving your application via our recruitment system as soon as possible. Just click the Apply-Button on the right side of the page and you will be redirected to our application form.
We are interviewing on an ongoing basis.
If you are missing some job details do not hesitate to contact Global HR Director Pernille Albrechtsen by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: Wednesday 2 January 2019
For more information visit www.bavarian-nordic.com