Human Resources Assistant (Recruitment/MClass)U.S. Consulate General
Human Resources Assistant (Recruitment/MClass)
The U.S. Consulate General is the largest U.S. consular post and one of the largest diplomatic missions in the world.
Due in large part to Frankfurt’s international airport, the U.S. Consulate General plays a key role in the supply chain for and provides a wide array of services and support to over 100 other US missions around the world. The U.S. Consulate General is also a major regional conference and training center for staff from other embassies and consulates, and it provides consular-services support functions for the region.
The incumbent is a member of the Recruitment Team in Frankfurt’s Human Resources Office, which is part of a Mission-wide recruitment team responsible for Pre-Classification, Recruitment, hire and initial orientation of LE-Staff, Eligible Family Members (EFMs) and eligible Members of Household (MOHs), servicing customers for Department of State and other agencies who employ LE-Staff on PSA, TEMP, and FMA positions through the Local Compensation or the Foreign Service pay plans. S/he is responsible for providing consultative, operational and policy advice and service in the areas of position description review, recruitment, employee compensation and benefit packages.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EVALUATIONS
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in determination that the applicant is not qualified.
EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school (Germany: Realschule, America: American High School Diploma or GED, or other international equivalent) and two (2) years of college or university studies with course in Business Administration. Human Resources, Legal studies or Public Administration is required.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three (3) years of experience in an office environment, involving human resources and/or recruitment, program management, and/or application of complex regulations in a deadline-driven, customer service oriented environment is required.
LANGUAGE: Language Level IV (fluent) in English and in German is required. – Speaking/Reading/Writing. (This may be tested)
- A good working knowledge of host country labor law, norms, and prevailing practices and of applicable procedures within the field of Human Resources in general and especially to Recruitment is required. (This may be tested)
- A good understanding of the situation on the German labor market, German economy and educational conditions is required.
- Understanding of the importance of customer service and the principles of confidentially is required.
- Ability to work to work accurately and effectively as a member of a team responsible for a heavy workload, often under pressure to achieve tasks, produce work and services and to meet program and section specific goals.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees and supervisors at all levels within the State Department and other agencies of Mission Germany as well as with external contacts.
- Good oral and written communication skills in both English and German in order to articulate recruitment and staffing issues with customers are required. (This may be tested)
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of MS Office suite programs (MS word, MS Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), as well as database and Internet skills are required. (This may be tested)
- Ability to work with numerical figures, e.g. evaluate and calculate salaries, prepare statistical data, understand budget calculations and be able to make justifiable prognosis and recommendation on funding required to staff positions. (This may be tested)
How To Apply:Applicants for this position must submit their application and pertinent supporting documentation by the closing date as shown on the vacancy announcement: https://de.usembassy.gov/jobs/