Payroll Team LeadTrivago
Payroll Team Lead
Looking for a job opportunity that balances finance and flexibility? To strengthen our dynamic finance family, we are looking for a Payroll Team Lead who would thrive in a fast-growing work environment at trivago’s headquarters in Düsseldorf. As a lead in this position, you’ll get the opportunity to shape the team and its performance, while being hands-on and driving the team’s strategy forward.
If you’re a natural leader, pro multitasker and strong communicator who doesn’t shy from responsibility and taking on new challenges, we want you! Apply today if you’re ready to make an impact at an international Nasdaq-listed company!
What you’ll do:
- Manage and guarantee monthly payroll disbursement for +1.100 employees, including garnishments, severance payments, one-time payments, non-cash benefits, employee stock options etc.
- Management of the day-to day business within the wage accounting team and make sure that deadlines are kept.
- Supervise and frequently train/develop payroll staff (team of +4).
- Responsible for the recruiting of new payroll staff.
- Define standards and reusable approaches within the payroll operational framework.
- Implement a new Travel Expenses Tool.
- Make sure that Payroll procedures are in compliance with our internal control environment (SOX).
- Month-End Closing Tasks (posting of payroll, travel and team-event expenses and monthly reconciliation, calculate and post vacation provisions and other payroll related provisions).
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Responsible for social security and wage tax audits.
- Contact person for all payroll-related questions from our employees and other stakeholders.
What you’ll need?
- 5-7 years experience.
- Very strong knowledge of German social security and wage tax law.
- Demonstrated coaching/mentoring skills and issue management skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as you have to appropriately communicate with all levels of stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to fast-growing and changing environment.
- Account reconciliation skills.
- Good English skills (written and verbal).
- Experience in implementing new IT-Systems/Payroll-Systems.
What we’d love you to have:
- Sage/Lohn XL Experience.
- First experience with SOX.
Life at trivago is:
- The opportunity for self-driven individuals to have a direct impact on the business.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof is the word of truth and determines the way forward.
- The chance to develop personally and professionally due to a strong feedback culture and access to training and workshops.
- A unique culture with a strong sense of community and an agile, international work environment.
- A state-of-the-art campus that supports your health and happiness with world-class ergonomics, 30+ sports and a multi-cuisine cafeteria to satisfy your inner foodie.
- Flexibility for all employees to contribute value and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.